Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Quilts for Kids #1

I had read about this organization, Quilts for Kids, on a blog and thought it might be fun to do with my kids. A great way to teach my kids a little about sewing as well as making something for a good cause.  The company donates the quilts to children that are in hospitals.  Basically you pay for shipping and Quilts for Kids sends you a quilt kit that includes the fabric to make the quilt top as well as the backing fabric.  You supply the batting, binding, thread, and time:)  I ordered two kits at the beginning of summer and thought my older two kids could each have one to work on.  It was a learning experience for all of us but overall I think my kids really enjoyed learning a new skill and donating something they had created.  Haley's is all finished up and Tyler's is almost done.  Here are a few pictures of Haley's quilt to donate.  The little squares have a school theme so I thought it would be fun to take pictures by our local school bus shop.

 
 
 
 
 
I'm linking up to Katie's (from SwimBikeQuilt):
 
 

3 comments:

  1. what a great idea!!! haley and her quilt look cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Haley aka little miss Caroline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a happy quilt! Thanks for linking up to 100 Quilts for Kids. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete