Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Half Moon Modern Baby Quilt

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I made and finished up this quilt just in the nick of time as a baby present for my sister-in-law who will give birth any day to their first little one.  It was a pretty quick quilt to put together since you use a charm pack for it. I used Moda's Half Moon Modern for this one.  The pattern calls for 48 squares so I cut a few extra squares from my backing and binding material.  I got my inspiration when I saw this quilt here and followed the tutorial, Storytime Squares which is from Made By Rae.  Here is the finished up quilt top:


And here is the finished up quilt (before I washed it).  Don't look too closely at the long-arm quilting because I am still a REAL beginner.  I quilted big X's on the printed fabric and some conch/shell looking design on the white fabric.


For backing I used Big Dots in Sunshine and for the binding I used Writing in Steel-both from the Half Moon Modern line. 


I love how fun and bright the quilt is and am happy that my new little niece can enjoy it too:)

3 comments:

  1. ohhhh that is totally cute!!!! love the color mix!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love that fabric line. I need to come visit so I can go to your quilt store!

    ReplyDelete